WEST HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELORS for School Year 2020-2021:
Students are assigned to a counselor by last name.
Iris Abraham: Last Name = A - D and AVID Grades 9 & 10
Sarah Banchero: Last Name = E - I and Space & Engineering (SEA)
Laurie Tomlin: Last Name = J - Pa and AVID Grades 11 & 12
Idi Gaines: Last Name = Pb - Z
Welcome to West High Counseling
How do I find out about current events at WHS?
- Visit our Website at: https://westhigh.tracy.k12.ca.us/
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MerrillFWestHighSchool
How do I find out about Community Service Opportunities, Work Permits, College Information, SAT & ACT Fee Waivers, Financial Aid and Scholarships?
- Join the Career Center News and Scholarships Remind App. Look under "Class News" on this page for instructions per grade level. Parents and students can join Remind. If you have students in more than one grade level, sign up for both!
- Career Center hours are 9am-3:30pm on school days. Career Center phone number is 209-830-3370 ext. 3056 or email the Career Education Technician, Gayle Jackson, at email@example.com
How do I help my child who is struggling in class?
- Contact your child’s teacher. Teacher emails are listed on your student’s schedule, report card, or visit the WHS website. Click on “About US” and then “Teacher and Staff Contacts”
- Before and after-school tutoring is available; schedules are posted on the WHS website
- Encourage your student to use the West High Planner
How do I stay on top of my child’s grades and progress?
- Visit the Aeries Parent Portal for the most up to date information posted by the teacher
- Email the teacher with any questions or concerns
Why didn’t I get my student’s report card?
- Report cards are not mailed if fines are owed
- Have you moved? Be sure to keep your address information current with the counseling secretary or registrar
How do I contact my child’s counselor?
• Email your student’s counselor (see above) or contact the counseling secretary, Melinda Gallegos, by phone at (209) 830-3379 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment. Be sure to include the student’s first and last name and ID# if available when sending email or leaving a voicemail.
How does my child make an appointment with their counselor?
- Email the counseling secretary (email above) to schedule an appointment
- Email your counselor
sat info from college board:
Please note that the SAT test scheduled for September at West High is cancelled. See College Board website here for more info