WEST HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELORS
Students are assigned to a counselor by last name.
Iris Abraham: Grade 9: A-B, AVID| Grades 10-12: A-F
Sarah Banchero: Grade 9: C-G, SEA| Grades 10-12: G-Kh| SEA
Laurie Tomlin: Grade 9 H-Q| Grades 10-12: Ki-Paz, AVID
Idi Gaines: Grade 9 R-Z| Grades 10-12: Pb-Z
Welcome to West High Counseling
How do I find out about current events at WHS?
- Visit our Website at: https://westhigh.tracy.k12.ca.us/.
- Like us on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/MerrillFWestHighSchool
How do I find out about Community Service Opportunities, Work Permits, College Information, Financial Aid and Scholarships?
- Visit the Career Center. Hours are 9:30am - 4:00pm when school is in session-209-830-3370 ext. 3056 or email the Career Education Technician, Gayle Jackson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the Career Center News and Scholarships Remind App — Instructions can be found on the WHS website under “Counseling”. Be sure to sign up by student’s correct grade level.
How do I help my child who is struggling in class?
- Contact your child’s teacher. Teacher emails are listed on your student’s schedule, report card, or visit the WHS website. Click on “About US” and then “Teacher and Staff Contacts”
- Before and after-school tutoring is available; schedules are posted on the WHS website and copies are available in the counseling office
- Weekly Progress Reports for student use are available in the counseling office
- Encourage your student to use the West High Planner
How do I stay on top of my child’s grades and progress?
- Visit the Aeries Parent Portal for the most up to date information posted by the teacher
- Email the teacher with any questions or concerns
Why didn’t I get my student’s report card?
- Report cards are not mailed if fines are owed
- Have you moved? Be sure to keep your address information current with the counseling secretary or registrar
How do I meet with my child’s counselor?
• Email your student’s counselor (see below) or contact the counseling secretary, Melinda Gallegos, by phone at (209) 830-3379 or email her at email@example.com to set up an appointment. Be sure to include the student’s first and last name when sending email or leaving a voicemail.
How does my student make an appointment with their counselor?
- Visit the counseling office before or after school or at lunchtime to schedule an appointment
- Email your counselor