SCROLL DOWN TO ACCESS ALL INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE
NEW COURSE ENTRY DEADLINE:
SUNDAY, JANUARY 24TH @ 11:59 pm
Detailed instructions on how to input the course selections through the parent portal is available on this page. Under "CLASS NEWS" look for the "COURSE SELECTION PROCESS ON AERIES & COURSE SELECTION SHEETS GRADES 9-11" tab or click here. NOTE: Due to the time sensitive nature of collecting the course requests, students who do not input their requests before the deadline will be given a schedule by their counselors and, unfortunately, they cannot be changed.
Access your student's Report Card and Progress Reports on the Aeries Student and Parent Portal:
Students are assigned to a counselor by last name.
Iris Abraham: Last Name = A - D and AVID Grades 9 & 10
Sarah Banchero: Last Name = E - I and Space & Engineering (SEA)
Laurie Tomlin: Last Name = J - Pa and AVID Grades 11 & 12
Idi Gaines: Last Name = Pb - Z
How do I find out about current events at WHS?
- Visit our Website at: https://westhigh.tracy.k12.ca.us/
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MerrillFWestHighSchool
How do I find out about Community Service Opportunities, Work Permits, College Information, SAT & ACT Fee Waivers, Financial Aid and Scholarships?
- Join the Career Center News and Scholarships Remind App. Look under "Class News" on this page for instructions per grade level. Parents and students can join Remind. If you have students in more than one grade level, sign up for both
- Contact the Career Center at 209-830-3370 ext. 3056 or email the Career Education Technician, Gayle Jackson, at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I help my student who is struggling in class?
- Contact your student’s teacher. Teacher emails are listed on the Aeries Parent Portal or visit the WHS website. Click on “About US” and then “Teacher and Staff Contacts”
- Ask your counselor about tutoring options
- Encourage your student to use the West High Planner
How do I stay on top of my student’s grades and progress?
- Visit the Aeries Parent Portal for the most up to date information posted by the teacher
- Email the teacher with any questions or concerns
How do I access my student’s report card?
- Login to your parent portal account
- Go to “Grades”
- Click on “Report Card History”
- Click the language under “Report Card”
How do I contact my student’s counselor or schedule an appointment?
- Email your student’s counselor (see above)
- Contact the counseling secretary, Melinda Gallegos, at (209) 830-3379 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include the student’s first and last name and ID# if available
- CAREER CENTER EVENT CALENDAR
- CAREER CENTER SERVICES AND RESOURCES
- COLLEGE APPLICATION/INFORMATION
- CONCURRENT/DUAL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
- SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- FINANCIAL AID
- SAT and ACT INFORMATION
- STUDENT ATHLETES
- MILITARY INFORMATION
- CAREER AND APPRENTICESHIP INFORMATION
- COMMUNITY SERVICE
- WORK PERMIT INSTRUCTIONS AND APPLICATION
- LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE INFO-DELTA/LAS POSITAS/MJC
CSF (California Scholarship federation is an organization that recognizes the high academic achievement of the students in it while providing an opportunity to do community service. If a student is a member for 4 out of their last 6 semesters of high school, (Freshman grades do not count, and at least 1 semester must be earned with senior grades), then they graduate as a Sealbearer, (they get the CSF gold pin, a gold tassel, the honors chord or stole depending on the level of their participation in the club, it is noted on their transcript as well that they are a Sealbearer.)
As CSF is a statewide organization, colleges know what CSF is, along with the qualifications needed to be a member. So, being a member looks good on college applications. Becoming a CSF Sealbearer looks even better.
Please consider applying. Deadline to submit is February 12 @ 3:30pm. Click on the link below to apply:
- Grades 9-11 Course Selections due Sunday, January 24th, 11:59pm
- SENIORS - CLASS OF 2021
- JUNIORS - CLASS OF 2022
- SOPHOMORES-CLASS OF 2023
- FRESHMEN - CLASS OF 2024
- INCOMING FRESHMEN-CLASS OF 2025
- TRACY UNIFIED - CURRENT 8TH GRADERS
- NON TRACY UNIFIED - CURRENT 8TH GRADERS
- COURSE CATALOG & SUPPLEMENTAL COURSE APPLICATIONS
- COURSE SELECTION PROCESS ON AERIES & COURSE SELECTION SHEETS GRADES 10, 11, & 12
- 4 Year Plan Worksheet
- A-G Course List
Class of 2021 - jostens info:
It's time to order your cap & gown, class jewelry, graduation announcements, and senior apparel. All questions regarding ordering should be directed to Jostens. This year ordering will be done a little different, so please check out the video below for information on how to order:
- CSU extends some application deadlines-see info posted above
- FAFSA-CASH FOR COLLEGE WORKSHOP-February 3rd @ 4PM-see link to register on the "FINANCIAL AID" tab on left side of this page
- San Joaquin Delta College "Why Choose Delta Workshop" on February 17 @ 2pm-See registration link on the "LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE INFO" tab on the left side of this page
- San Joaquin Delta College "Application Workshop" on February 24 @ 2pm and April 14 @ 2pm -See registration link on the "LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE INFO" tab on the left side of this page
- Modesto Junior College Spring Application Workshops and Ed Plan Workshops Flyer located on the "LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE INFO" tab on the left side of this page
sat info from college board:
Next SAT test is tentatively scheduled for March 13th. Class of 2022 Juniors encouraged to sign up for spring tests.