West High School opened in 1993, and currently serves approximately 2200 amazing students. Our beautiful campus sits on 51 acres and features approximately 100 classrooms, football stadium, track, baseball and softball fields, olympic-sized swimming pool, agriculture garden/greenhouse/farm, library, gym, tennis courts, and our very own 18-hold disc golf course.
Our school is named after Merrill F. West, who was a native of Laurel, Iowa, and who moved to Tracy in 1936 to farm produce crops and walnuts. Mr. West served as a TUSD board member for eleven years (1954-1965), four of which as president.
In 2021 West High was recognized as a California Distinguished School – one of only three schools in San Joaquin County to receive this prestigious award. We are extremely proud of our students, and especially of the positive, inclusive climate our students create.